Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sereina's Pirate Map



For a surprise on my brother's birthday, my parents filled a wood chest with pirate treasure, and I made a map for it. I used Google Earth to get a satellite view of the beach where the treasure would be buried (we had never been there before). I drew that on a plain piece of paper, and scanned it into the computer. I then opened it up in Photoshop, and colored it all in. We used some yellow-ish textured card stalk from the craft store, and crinkled it up after we printed the colored map on it, to make it look older. For the last step, we burned the edges to make it look even more pirate-y. We stuck the map in a bottle, and threw it in the ocean so my brother could find the pirate chest.

By Sereina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...