Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Wreath


By Sereina

While I was blog reading, I came across a project using the inside of an embroidery hoop as a base for making a wreath using live greenery (I found it here. Those snow globes would be fun to make as well!) I liked the idea of using the embroidery hoop, since their cheap and easy to find, and then suddenly inspiration struck: I could use strips of fabric and tie them onto the hoop to make a wreath. We have a bit of Christmas fabrics that had been sitting in a bin and never got used for many, many years, so I though it would be perfect for a Christmas wreath. It's also a great project to use fabric scraps with as well.

Luckily we have lots of embroidery hoops in sock at our house right now, so I grabbed a 9" hoop and that Christmas fabric that I mentioned earlier.

It was so simple to make, since all I had to do was cut the fabric into strips (I didn't measure mine, but I'm guessing they were around 7"x1.5") and tie them to the hoop. I alternated my colors, using one red, then a green. Mine took about 112 strips.

The finished wreath. It's now hanging on the outside of my bedroom door.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...