Friday, March 22, 2013

Tiana's Distressed Jars


Written by Tiana

I've fallen in love with the country cottage/shabby chic look and have been trying to theme my bedroom with that look. I haven't really been doing a great job at that though. But I've found a few things I either have, or have yet to make during the Pinterest challenge.

This was the inspiration for my distressed mason jar.
Painted and Distressed Mason Jars

This was actually the second thing I did for the Pinterest challenge this week. My first one was the book pages on mason jars. I'll be posting those by the end of the week.

Here's how mine turned out. I'm using mine at my desk for pens, pencils and scissors.

Here are the colors I chose.

The first thing you do is paint the inside and let it dry.

 Next, paint the outside and let that dry. I ended up using the metal rim piece so I didn't worry about making the top neat and tidy.

To distress my jar I used a wire scrub brush and rubbed it around.
The distressing part is optional of course. If you do decide to not distress it you don't need to paint the inside of the jar though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...